Fireball Pumpkin Spiced Coffee Cupcakes
With the flavors of fall and the bite of warming cinnamon whiskey, these cocktail cupcakes are perfect for imbibing in front of a cozy fire or sharing with friends as you celebrate autumn.
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1-3/4 cups (7.8 ounces by weight) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup (4.7 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely ground instant coffee (such as Starbucks Via)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 4 tablespoons Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground instant coffee (such as Starbucks Via)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit of you use salted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (17.75 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 – 3 teaspoons Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey (if needed to adjust frosting consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the brown sugar, eggs, and instant coffee together. Beat in the pumpkin, vegetable oil, and Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cupcake liners and bake for 17 – 20 minutes. A skewer inserted into the center of the cupcakes should come out mostly clean. A few moist crumbs clinging to the skewer is okay.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cupcakes bake, mix 4 tablespoons Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and instant coffee together in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 20 seconds then stir to dissolve the coffee. Refrigerate to cool completely before making the frosting.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Beat in half the confectioners’ sugar. Once incorporated add 2 tablespoons of the chilled Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey mixture. Repeat with the remaining confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon whiskey mixture, beating well to incorporate.
- If frosting is too thick, add remaining Fireball and coffee mixture. If the frosting is still too thick, add additional Fireball Whiskey, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Beat the frosting until creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Pipe thick swirls of frosting over completely cooled cupcakes.