Lacy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, your choice of white, semi-sweet, or dark
- In a medium bowl, mix together until well combined the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla until incorporated then stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into 2-teaspoon-sized balls (about 24 cookies) and place 4 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 14 to 15 minutes. The cookies should be golden, and centers should appear set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container with parchment paper separating the layers. Consume within 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
- To melt the chocolate, place the chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir. Repeat for 20-second increments, stirring well after each heat cycle until the chips are smooth. Place in a pastry bag or disposable ziplock bag and snip a corner to release the drizzle over the cooled cookies.