Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3/4 cup pink lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Several drops of pink gel food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5-6 tablespoons pink lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed
- A few drops of pink gel food coloring, optional
- Lemon jelly candy slices
- Pink-and-yellow-striped paper straws
- Pink and yellow jimmies, or rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Add the cake mix, defrosted lemonade concentrate, water, eggs, and vegetable oil to a mixing bowl. If using gel food coloring, add a few drops in. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to medium speed and beat for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 15–18 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. A few moist crumbs clinging to the skewer is fine.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the cupcake tin, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Mix in 2 cups of the confectioners’ sugar then add in 5 tablespoons of the defrosted lemonade concentrate, the salt, and pink gel food coloring if using. Add the remaining confectioners’ sugar and beat until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. If the frosting is too stiff, add additional defrosted lemonade concentrate, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- With a large star tip, pipe swirls of buttercream over completely cooled cupcakes. Garnish with lemon jelly candy slices, decorative paper straws, or pink and yellow jimmies, or rainbow sprinkles.